Finally Here… Relevant and Current Canadian stories and music of Remembrance, War and Peace
Educators PDF Teaching Package
Update: The support and generosity you have given me, as well as others who also believe in these great Canadians spurs me to want to ensure the story is out there. It is in this spirit that I am now offering this package as a free download.
- Over 200 Color Photos, Research Links, Stories And Music
- PDF Ebook of In the Mood for Peace
- 11 Song Tracks and Lyrics In Harms Way
- Teacher’s Resource Sheets
- Insights from the letters of a soldier deployed in Kuwait and Croatia
- The Izzy Doll Story; A National Phenomenon
- Brian Isfelds inspiring Ottawa story of Remembrance; the skateboarders, the jogger and the note from the stranger
- Boomer’s Legacy
- The Anti Landmine Ban and the Ottawa Treaty
- International Community for the Relief of Starvation and Suffering, ICROSS Canada, a volunteer veteran organization and how it is changing the world
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Moral Rudders; how grandparents affect their grandchildren’s values
Educators are excited about the stories on the pages of In the Mood for Peace and in the songs on In Harms Way. School teachers, Home Schoolers, and leaders of Cadets, Scouts, Guides, Brownies and Cubs now have a variety of stories and topics for posters, art work, poetry, plays and discussion for all grade levels in a low priced package.
Inspiring as well as educational these are stories your students will not forget.
Additional Teaching Materials
Also included in the Teacher’s Resource Sheets are links to Youtube videos; short multi-media presentations we have created to use in your class/group.
Epic Dragon Fable; is a 10 minute community-made film. Animated puppets, a 50 foot dragon, dramatic art work and props, tell a story with the message that ‘peace is not free’. Recommended Grades 5 – 12.
Izzy Doll Video, illustrates the many faces of the Izzy Doll, the Peacekeepers and the children receiving the dolls. All grades.
Questions? Please email me at Phyllis@inthemoodforpeace.com.
- a PDF E-book
- 11 song tracks and lyrics
- Teachers Resource Sheets